Happy Holidays to our Art of Cool Family! The holidays may be upon us, but there’s still one week left for 2015 – whether you are running out the door to a family function, or simply on the hunt for a NYE outfit, the AOC team has your back ladies! Here are a couple ideas for our last minute fashion lovers.
Fall/Winter 2015 Color Trends have been nothing short of rich, moody, and rather romantic. The following ideas highlight some of this season’s favored shades:
Olive has stolen the fashion scene as of late. The once militant shade now seamlessly glides from day to night.
- Don’t be afraid to wear a solid linear palette; pieces of the same shade can come together to create an eye-catching outfit.
- Colors: Olive, black, cream, and muted gray.
- Fabrics/Styles: Fur, leather, silk, day-to-night.
- Trend of the moment: Thigh high boots.
Our love affair with black will never come to an end. The shade makes us feel like the powerful #girlbosses we are, and takes us from morning meetings to happy hour easily.
- The Little Black Dress is a necessity in every woman’s closet. These outfits can range from traditional to eccentric – so take your pick.
- Colors: Black, silver, dark gray, white.
- Fabrics/Styles: Velvet, feathers, wool, afternoon tea to cocktail hour.
- Trend of the moment: Oversized coats.
Oak Buff (Mustard):
You never thought you’d see this shade anywhere else but your aunt’s couch. This rich color works on a variety of skin tones, and the jewel tone is sure to make you shine bright on New Year’s Eve.
- A color reminiscent of fall, it stands out richly against the grayness that is winter. Make sure to add an industrial flavor of silver to balance out this jewel tone.
- Colors: Mustard, goldenrod, oak buff, black, silver.
- Fabrics/Styles: Snakeskin, leather, embroidery, day party.
- Trend of the moment: Classic and conservative.
If you’re anything like our co-founder Cicely: you are polished, love jumpsuits, and always look put together.
- Colors: Desert, mauve rose, soft cream(s), deep blue.
- Style: Jumpsuit, cinched waists, pointed toe classics, on the go.
- Trend of the moment: Romantic and moody shades